With its unforgettable story, main character and cinematography, Forrest Gump is one of the most heartwarming and inspirational movies of the last century. You may or may not be a filmbuff who know the best lines of your favourite movies by heart, but we’re pretty sure that many of these Forrest Gump quotes will make you feel like you’ve just watched the movie and burst into tears again. So here are 17 of the most memorable quotes from legendary Forrest Gump to warm even the coldest, deadest hearts out there!
1. "I'm not a smart man... but I know what love is."
2. "Stupid is as stupid does."
3. "You know it's funny what a young man recollects? 'Cause I don't remember bein' born. I don't recall what I got for my first Christmas and I don't know when I went on my first outdoor picnic. But I do remember the first time I heard the sweetest voice in the wide world."
4. -Gump! What's your sole purpose in this army? -To do whatever you tell me, drill sergeant! -God damn it, Gump! You're a goddamn genius! This is the most outstanding answer I have ever heard. You must have a goddamn I.Q. of 160.
5. Jenny: Have you ever been with a girl, Forrest? Forrest: I sit next to them in my Home Economics class all the time.
6. Lieutenant Daniel Taylor: Have you found Jesus yet, Gump? Forrest Gump: I didn't know I was supposed to be looking for him, sir.
7. "Mama always said, dying was a part of life. I sure wish it wasn't."
8. Mrs. Gump: Life's a box of chocolates, Forrest. You never know what you're gonna get.
9. "I don't know if Momma was right or if, if it's Lieutenant Dan. I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floating around accidental-like on a breeze, but I, I think maybe it's both. Maybe both is happening at the same time."
10. "Bubba was my best good friend. And even I know that ain't something you can find just around the corner. Bubba was going to be a shrimping boat captain, but instead, he died right there by that river in Vietnam."
11. "Jenny and me was like peas and carrots."
12. "Now, because I had been a football star, and a war hero, and a national celebrity, and a shrimpin' boat captain, and a college graduate, the city of fathers of Greenbow, Alabama, decided to get together and offered me a fine job."
13. John F. Kennedy: Congratulations, how do you feel? Forrest Gump: I gotta pee.
14. Jenny Curran: I wish I could've been there with you. Forrest Gump: You were.
15. Forrest: Hey, Bubba… Bubba: Hey, Forrest. Forrest, why'd this happen? Forrest: You got shot.
16. "My Momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on. And I think that's what my running was all about. I had run for three years, two months, fourteen days, and sixteen hours."