17 Impressive Fun Facts About Left Handed People
> 17 Impressive Fun Facts About Left Handed People
Being left handed is an exception. Though being exceptional can make your life difficult at times, being left handed is surely a sign of being unique!
1. Only 10% of the world population is left handed.
2. Some world famous left handed people: Napoleon, Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo, Albert Einstein, Newton, Bill Gates, Oprah, Obama and Jimi Hendrix.
3. 40% of schizophrenia patients are left handed. This is a significant number if you consider that left-handed people are only 10% of the world population.
4. Since 1996, August 13 is celebrated as the "Left Handers Day."
5. Right handed people tend to chew on the right side while left handed people prefer the left side of their mouth.
6. Every year 2500 left handed people lose their lives while using machines that are designed for right handed people.
7. On average, left handed people live 3 years less than right handed people.
8. Research shows that there are more left handed people with IQ scores over 140.
9. It is proven that most premature babies grow up to be left handed.
10. The probability of a left handed person to be homosexual is 39% higher than right handed people.
11. Left handed soldiers have to flip the grenade before throwing it. This is because the security pin is reverse for left handed people.
12. Only 25% of the genetics play a role in determining being left-handed.
13. According to research, left handed people tend to suffer from PTSD more than right handed people.
14. Results of a recent poll indicate that left handed people tend to earn 12% less than right handed people.
15. The brains of left handed people tend to process information faster, compared to right handed people, when playing a video game or exercising.
16. Left handed people are more successful in perceiving multiple stimulators.
17. Left handed people have increased cognitive abilities. They can think through multiple concepts at the same time and create faster solutions.