It’s not uncommon in the music world to hear many iconic pop songs which were originally intended for someone else to perform. Still, it would be a strange world with Britney Spears singing 'Umbrella,' considering how it is strongly identified with Rihanna, or imagine Britney Spears NOT singing 'Baby One More Time!'
We’ve collected 14 hit songs meant for others singers, and some of them were actually turned down by them!
1. "We Found Love" - Performed by Lady Gaga, turned down by Nicole Scherzinger.
2. "Irreplaceable" - Performed by Beyoncé, originally meant for Faith Hill or Shania Twain.
3. "...Baby One More Time" - Performed by Britney Spears, turned down by TLC.
4. "Rock Your Body" - Performed by Justin Timberlake, turned down by Michael Jackson.
5. "Since U Been Gone" - Performed by Kelly Clarkson, meant for P!nk or Hilary Duff.
6. "We Can't Stop"- Performed by Miley Cyrus, meant for Rihanna.
7. "Ni**as In Paris," performed by Jay-Z & Kanye West, intended for Pusha T.
8. "I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing" - Performed by Aerosmith, intended for Celine Dion.
9. "Toxic" - Performed by Britney Spears, turned down by Kylie Minogue.
10. "Whataya Want From Me" - Performed by Adam Lambert, intended for P!nk.
11. "Don't Cha" - Performed by Pussycat Dolls, intended for Paris Hilton.
12. "Breakaway" - Performed by Kelly Clarkson, intended for Avril Lavigne.
13. "I'm a Slave 4 U" - Performed by Britney Spears, turned down by Janet Jackson.
14. "Disturbia" - Performed by Rihanna, meant for Chris Brown.