Wife Captures Husband's Struggle W/ Depression Through Striking Photos!
> Wife Captures Husband's Struggle W/ Depression Through Striking Photos!
Depression is a struggle for those who are living it. However, it is also a struggle to for the loved ones as they have to go through this condition.
Here's the story of Paul and Maureen, a couple who battles with depression.
***This article was originally published on Bored Panda.
1. Photographer Maureen Drennan wanted to capture her husband's battle with depression with a photography project.
2. The project tries to capture the battle with depression. Meanwhile, it also reflects Maureen's effort to understand the condition.
3. The project's name comes from Pablo Neruda's poem called 'Night on the Island'.
4. Maureen picked this name because Paul spent his childhood on two islands-Rhodes and Block.
5. She especially tried to capture photos on those islands.
6. The word island recalls isolation and loneliness-just like depression...
7. Paul stands off from Maureen due to his condition...
8. These photos represent depression through the isolated island metaphor...
9. These two left those dark days behind.
10. We might be close to someone and still not actually understand the state they are in.
11. We're hoping that they won't have to live these dark days again...