All kids are adorable; we know that. But, if it's your nephew or niece, sh*t gets real! You are much more understanding than their parents, and you always spoil them with gifts. Eventually, they open up to you and you feel closer to each other. It's a life-long journey...You start by playing with them and teaching them how to make weird noises. Next thing you know, they are telling you about their first kiss or how they messed up the whole house. Then comes career, wedding, etc. Here, you'll realize once more how cool this journey is!
1. You can't contain yourself. The excitement is just too damn much!
2. You keep calling yourself Uncle Joey, Auntie Mary, etc., and keep smiling.
3. This is your new lock screen!
4. You show a hundred and fifty kabillion photos of 'em to all your friends.
5. You always compare other babies to your nephew or niece.
6. People start raising questions about who the biological parent actually is!
7. It's so hard not to give them gigantic hugs the moment you see them!
8. But you feel absolute guilt if that hug makes them cry.
9. You swear you'll always protect them, every time you read a crime related article.
10. You spend hours putting together something you made especially for them.
11. Even if you live in different cities, you visit quite often.
12. Every time you walk across a baby store, it's the same scenario: "ERMAHGEEEERD! This would look SO DAMN CUTE on him/her!"
13. You repeat the same thing each and every time you see something small.
14. You dream about the days they first started walking!
15. And all the games you'll play together once they get older.
16. Toss in some puberty tantrums as well!
17. After a while, you'll end up wanting your own baby.
18. But instead you let that go, and spend more time with your niece/nephew!
19. You know what unconditional love really means!