Emotional intelligence, EQ, is the kind of intelligence that measures how effective a person is socially; it evaluates people's reactions, and is overshadowed by IQ. It is thought to be higher in women.
Don't mistake this for being 'emotional,' as there is so much more to it: it is described as being aware of not only one's emotions but also others', understanding, defining, managing these emotions; and making effective use of them, both intra- and inter-personally.
People with high EQ are more successful in the work place. If you are one of these people, the points below should be quite familiar to you.
1. EQ has 5 important components.
2. These people have nothing to do with tantrums or emotional breakdowns.
3. They aren't rude, hurtful or offensive.
4. They don't complain or whine. They don't live their lives as if it were a drama.
5. Hence, they don't blame others for what they go through.
6. They avoid thinking that they are the source of somebody else's sorrows or anger.
7. These people do not ignore the things that upset them.
8. They don't become friends with low EQ people who are unable to empathize and are constantly depressed.
9. They don't procrastinate when it comes to facing their problems.
10. They know how to talk where.
11. They never neglect their emotions, mental state and themselves.
12. They the masters of body language.
13. They know their limits.
14. Their most characteristic trait is being solution-oriented.
15. The people who know themselves well are the people with high EQ.
16. They don't engage in useless discussions and cut the negative conversations short.
Bonus - People with high EQ know how to enjoy their lives, are joyful, positive and passionate.