When we told these lies to adults around us as kids, we always thought we got away with it. They seemed to buy those lies, and just pretended to believe us. We've come to realize this as we've grown up. 😊
We also hear these lies that we once all told from today's kids, as well; but they are kinda a bit more creative, aren't they?
1. "I didn't break it, it just fell down by itself."
2. "Ma'am, last night the power went out, so I couldn't finish my homework."
3. "It doesn't hurt at all."
4. "It wasn't me, it was him."
5. When you arrive home from school earlier than you are supposed to because you have skipped class: "Idle class."
6. The answer to the question "Have you got into a fight with somebody?": "No, I just fell down."
7. "But mom, the whole class got a bad grade."
8. When your mom asks you if you have brushed your teeth at night: "Yes, mommy!"
9. "I didn't break it, it was already broken."
10. When your mom asks about your exam results: "Umm, the teacher hasn't checked them yet."
11. "I am not hungry."
12. When you go home late and your mom asks where you have been: "We had an extra class."
13. When the teacher asks if you have been studying in the holidays, all boys and girls go "Yeaaaaah!"
14. When your mom tells you to finish your homework first, before you go out to play: "The teacher didn't give us any homework."
15. When you are watching a movie late at night and your mom tells you to go to bed and warns you about getting up early the next day: "I am not tired yet!"
16. When you are jealous of something that your friend has at their place:"We have a cooler one at home."
17. "I did my homework but forgot to bring it."
18. Just to mess with your sibling: "You are adopted."
19. "Mommy, my tummy hurts. Is it OK if I don't go to school today?"