There is no denying that shopping online has its benefits and is getting bigger regularly. Gathering information to compare your options and having your order delivered to your home by a few clicks while sitting in your chair and taking a sip of French press coffee is definitely convenient; especially after a long day.
However, a majority of customers still prefer to shop from an actual store; maybe because they don’t want to pay delivery fees, want to receive the item at the time of the purchase, or maybe just for the sake of experience itself. Brick-and-mortar stores still dominate the market when it comes to sales volume, but online/mobile shops are on a sound pace, trying to catch up. Online/mobile shops have one crucial item in their tool box that actual stores lacked until a few years ago. That is their ability to obtain relevant business metrics (not raw data) in order to make well informed decisions. If brick-and mortar stores want to stay competitive or have consistent Omni channel strategies, they should embrace people counting as a tool.
People counters enables you to:
· CALCULATE the conversion rates of each store by knowing how many of your visitors actually generate your sales.
· BOOST your marketing effectiveness by measuring which marketing strategies work best for your business.
· INCREASE the total sales and profit margins of your business by identifying the room for improvement in every corner of your performance.
· ENHANCE daily operations and staffing circulation in relation to the number of visitors and their needs. This will eventually increase customer satisfaction and services, which will ultimately drive more traffic into your store.
· IDENTIFY high-performing stores with high conversion rates, and benchmark them for best practice. Also, discover your lowest performing stores and increase their performance accordingly with additional training and support to staff.
· ACCESS accurate data about people count and shopper behaviors in real-time on mobile, and manage your every-day operations accordingly.
There are other industries that can greatly benefit from this technology.Source: https://onedio.com/haber/top-5-industrie...