Domestic violence has been in the forefront of the news for years. But sometimes people can’t even notice they’re being abused since the abusive behaviour are not always as obvious as being hit or shoved, called degrading names or cussed out. It can also be emotional, but just as be painful. If any of these 15 signs below sound familiar to you, you’re probably in an abusive relationship and should get help as soon as possible.
1. During normal conversations they make you feel like you don't understand anything, or like you're always wrong.
2. When you don't agree with them, you hear things like "you're crazy," that "this is all in your head," or that you're making a big deal out of nothing.
3. They think they have the right to control your life and your choices.
4. You do things against your will for fear of how they might react if you object. Or they don't respect your wishes when you say "no," even during sex.
5. They "never hit you," but you often have bruises they caused, or they use physical force "to calm you down."
6. They tell you that no one will ever love you, accept you, or want you besides them.
7. They don't react well to your achievements and the good things that happen in your life.
8. They don't like when you talk to other people, especially when they're not there, or they try to make you believe that the only opinion you should listen to is their own.
9. They make you feel like you are to blame for their aggression or threats.
10. Their actions make you feel weird, or question whether what happened was normal.
11. They say that other people shouldn't interfere in a fight between a couple, and that your problems are "a couple's thing."
12. They don't harm you, but they express their aggressiveness by slamming on tables, doors, and other objects.
13. They yell at you.
14. They hit you.
15. They are constantly being aggressive or violent, but each time they promise they won't do it anymore.