Broaden Your Horizon: 21 Psychological Facts That Will Take You Another Level!
> Broaden Your Horizon: 21 Psychological Facts That Will Take You Another Level!
1. When the brain activates the network of neurons involved in empathising, it suppresses the network used for cold, hard analysis.
2. Compounds in marijuana could help to prevent alzheimer's disease.
3. Thinking "I can do it better" really can help improve performance.
4. If you have difficulties remembering words or names, you could be suffering from a disorder known as anomic aphasia.
5. The quietest people tend to have the loudest mind.
6. The Stanford Prison guard experiment reveals the personality is not innate but caused by the situation or surroundings.
7. Hugging acts as a form of social support and protects people from getting sick and even reduces their illness symptoms if they do get sick.
8. Women react more strongly to negative stimuli than men.
9. Blankets or teddy bears serve as comfort objects for children in place of the caregiver.
10. Long periods of silence is often attributed to over thinking.
11. Everyone has experienced something that has changed them in a way they could never go back to the peson they once were.
12. Making eye contact with a complete stranger could promote attraction and intimacy.
13. Dreams often reveal feelings that we've hidden or repressed, because dreams are a reflection of our unconscious mindi our emotional truth.
14. Eating less at night may help to reduce the mental problems caused by lack of sleep.
15. The desire too sleep a lot may reveal feelings of loneliness, anxiousness and or depression.
16. A 15-minute walk is enough to stop food cravings brought on by stressful situations.
17. Women who forgive others are less likely to feel depressed.
18. It is possible to die from a broken heart. It is called stress cardiomyopathy.
19. Only %46 of cultures engage in romantic/sexual kissing.
20. People who speak two languages have more gray matter in vital brain regions.
21. Women have no trouble changing their voice to make it sound more sexy, but men have no clue.