The Strong Women of GoT Are Changing Gender Roles!!
> The Strong Women of GoT Are Changing Gender Roles!!
Who doesn't like Game of Thrones? It has everything you've ever wanted, from zombies to dragons. It is no surprise that it is one of the most speculative TV shows of today.
Game of Thrones owes its success to its cleverly written and extraordinary characters. Especially women characters are under the radar for being strong and independent.
Here are the stories of strong women of GoT...
Let's face it! The world of GoT is a patriarchy.
1. Shall we start with Sansa Stark? When the show started, everyone hated Sansa for being a reckless character.
The most delicate character of the show went through a lot of bad things!
However, the innocent princess has come to be much stronger than we've imagined. She has proven that being patient is the key!
After all, she is a Stark!
2. From the moment she appeared on TV, Arya changed the gender role game.
When you thought she was gonna be a lady...
Arya is a super strong young woman. She is capable of adapting to any situation and she manages to survive no matter what. Team Arya!
3. Daenerys Targaryen! In the beginning, Daenerys was a delicate princess. When she was sold by her own brother to the Dothraki, she was a passive character.
She had to spend a lot time proving herself until she was considered to be the "chosen one."
She is living proof that women are not governed by their emotions.
Go Khaleesi! She puts freedom and justice over absolute power. She is against slavery.
4. On a universe where fighting skills carry a significant importance, we got our Brienne of Tarth!
She is one of the most grounded characters of the GoT universe!
We cannot forget the time she punished the rapists!
5. A free being who is touched by the fire: Ygritte!
She was constantly teasing Jon Snow!
6. With Brienne's words, Lady Catelyn was a "powerful lady!"
7. Idealist, smart, brave...Talisa Stark!
8. Our beautiful Margaery Tyrell proved to us that you don't have to be cruel to be a leader!
9. The mentor of our dreams, Olenna Tyrell!
10. You love her, you hate her: Cersei Lannister!
11. The one who can bring the dead back to life: Melisandre!
12. Once a slave, now a savior: Osha!
13. Yara Greyjoy!
14. Can we have a moment for Lyanna Mormont?
On every scene we saw Lyanna in, she has shown her ambition and determination.
"Talk to the hand!"