This isn’t an ordinary random facts list that includes facts like “cats can see in the dark.” Rather most of the things that we’ll tell you are the things that you can realize for yourself, but just haven’t thought about yet, like “the brain named itself.” Weird, right? Here are more of them.
1. Today, your body is almost completely composed of different atoms than it was a year ago.
2. You were once the youngest person alive.
3. The Great Pyramids were older to Cleopatra than Cleopatra is to us.
4. There are more atoms in a single glass of water than there are glasses of water in every ocean on Earth.
5. However, there are more possible versions of a shuffled standard deck of cards than there are atoms on Earth.
6. Everything in the universe is either a potato or not a potato.
7. The person closest to your right is the person farthest to your left.
8. Barack Obama has won more Grammy awards than Katy Perry.
9. Someone who studies atoms is just a bunch of atoms trying to understand itself.
10. If bees were paid minimum wage for their labor, a jar of honey would cost $182,000.
11. Oxford University is older than the Aztec Empire and the printing press.
12. If you think about it, the brain named itself.
13. We never actually touch anything.
14. If two babies are conceived at the same time but one is born two months prematurely, that baby will be two months older than the other baby.
15. The difference between 1 million seconds and 1 trillion seconds is almost 40,000 years.
16. The fact that the moon, as viewed from Earth, appears almost exactly the same size as the sun during a solar eclipse is a complete coincidence of the cosmos.
17. John Tyler was the country's 10th president. He was born in the 1700s. He has two living grandchildren.
18. Jimi Hendrix and George Handel lived right next door to each other.
19. During your lifetime, you will produce enough saliva to fill two swimming pools.