Perhaps you're suffering from a loss, a challenging time at work, or simply trying to navigate life’s curveballs.
Regardless of what it is, we all need a few words of encouragement from time to time. And what better way to get inspired than to see some quotes from successful people that have been through it all before.
Here are 35 words of encouragement to help you push through the tough times!
1. 'The moment you give up is the moment you let someone else win.'- Kobe Bryant
2. 'I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.'- Michael Jordan
3. 'If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.'- Jim Rohn
4. “Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.” '- Judy Garland
5. 'You can't put a limit on how much you can improve and how much you can do. There are no limits on what you can be, do, or have in life.'- Tony Robbins
Encouragement is a powerful yet elusive beast. Encouragement can give people the fortitude to look ahead, move forward, and strive for the next objective. It has the power to change the emotional tone of a difficult circumstance.
It is also the most effective technique a person can use to increase their inner strength. When our emotions are positive, we tend to have more energy, feel more creative, and be more productive.
But what happens when we don't feel encouraged? We often become bogged down by negative emotions and self-doubt.
6. 'If you want to make your dreams come true, the first thing you have to do is wake up.'- J.M. Power
7. 'No one is you and that is your superpower.' - Brian Ford
8. 'The only way to do great work is to love what you do.'- Steve Jobs
9. 'If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.'- Jim Rohn
10. 'Small progress is still progress.' - Morgan Harper Nichols
Encouragement can have a significant impact on how an individual grows and develops, as well as how they succeed in their daily lives. The advantages of encouragement considerably outweigh the disadvantages of criticism. It cannot only affect individuals, but also those in their surroundings.
Encouragement can help boost one's self-esteem. The recipient will be more convinced of their skills and will have greater faith in their abilities. So in order for us to help others, we need to motivate them, encourage them, for them to realize that they are worth it.
More words of encouragement are listed below.
11. 'I have failed again and again throughout my life. That’s why I’ve been successful.'- Michael Jordan
12. 'Don’t let anyone dull your sparkle.' - Miki Bennett
13. 'People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing. That's why we recommend it daily.'- Zig Ziglar
14. 'The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.'- Walt Disney
15. 'There are no traffic jams along the extra mile.'- Roger Staubach
Even the nicest person you know might experience days when they are frustrated, stressed, or depressed. Adulting is difficult, and we often feel as if we are drowned in duties, stress, and concern. Even young adolescent toddlers have times when they may use a little more encouragement!
When this happens, a few encouraging words may be sufficient to put a grin again on our faces and convince us that things are going to change.
16. 'What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.' - Zig Ziglar
17. “Nobody cares if you can’t dance well. Just get up and dance. Great dancers are not great because of their technique, they are great because of their passion.” - Martha Graham
18. 'If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time.' - Steve Jobs
19. 'Don't let yesterday take up too much of today.' - Will Rogers
20. 'You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.' - Beverly Sills
A crucial thing to keep in mind when you—or a friend—are going through one of those times when life feels like a daily battle is that it is alright to not be okay.
However, with a few simple words of encouragement, you can give someone who is feeling down in the dumps some hope. Perhaps staring in the mirror and uttering these inspirational quotes would give you the motivation to keep going when you need words of encouragement through a particularly tough period.
21. “Success is getting what you want, happiness is wanting what you get.” - Ingrid Bergman
22. 'Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.'- Dalai Lama
23. 'You can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.'- Ronald Reagan
24. “When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.” - Elon Musk
25. 'I think I can. I know I can.'-Muhammad Ali
Always remember that when you fail, rather than giving up, examine the circumstance. Are you being too extreme or too lax in your approach to the problem? If this is the case, take a step back and head for the middle road.
Between both the extremes of sensual indulgence and self-mortification, the Buddha depicts the middle route as a path of moderation. According to him, this is the road of wisdom; it provides vision and knowledge and leads to peace, insight, and enlightenment.
26. 'I'd rather attempt to do something great and fail than to attempt nothing and succeed.'- Robert H. Schuller
27. “Soon, when all is well, you’re going to look back on this period of your life and be so glad that you never gave up.” - Brittany Burgunder
28. 'You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.' - A. A. Milne
29. “You don’t always need a plan. Sometimes you just need to breathe, trust, let go, and see what happens.” - Mandy Hale
30. 'So go ahead. Fall down. The world looks different from the ground.'- Oprah Winfrey
Words of encouragement can also keep you grounded and bring motivation on a daily basis. One way that someone can try is to surround themselves with encouraging thoughts by putting encouraging statements throughout their house, office, or even on social media.
Whether you want customized wall decor or bespoke stationery, keeping inspirational quotes near you can help you get through life's difficulties. These words of encouragement will undoubtedly motivate you to pursue your objectives and brighten your day.
31. “If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.” – Albert Einstein
32. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
33. “You are never too old to set new goals or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
34. “Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” – John Wooden
35. “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” – Theodore Roosevelt
We all need a little inspiration from time to time, and these words of encouragement provide just that. No matter what you're facing in life, remember that you're not alone and that others have faced similar challenges before.
Use these quotes as motivation to keep pushing forward and never give up on your dreams!