Phones are now a big part of us. They are like our hands and arms. We all love 'em right? We get most of our jobs done, do things we couldn't imagine doing before. Well, here are 22 things you may not have heard about our cute and lovely friends.
1. The processing power of the phones we use to hang out on social media all day is probably more than the computer they used in the Apollo 11 spacecraft.
2. The first cell phones that were produced in 1983 in the U.S.A were sold for $4,000
3. In 2012, Apple sold about 340,000 iPhones per day.
4. There are 18 times as much bacteria on your phones as in a toilet.
5. Because so many young people use their phones in the showers, 90% of the phones are water proof in Japan.
6. The radiation cell phones give off causes insomnia, headache and confusion.
7. Scientists found a method that charges the phone using urine.
8. The first call on a cellphone was made in 1973 by one of the creators of Motorola, Martin Cooper.
9. The fear of having your cellphone out of reach or not having reception is called as ''Nomophobia.''
10. Nokia's 1100 model sold over 250 million and had the record of most sold electronic device in history.
11. In England, about 100,000 cellphones fall into the toilet.
12. The number of people that have a cellphone is more than the number of people who have toilets.
13. The number of mobile internet users in China is more than computer users.
14. The number of photos and videos uploaded on Facebook from cellphones is so high that it makes up 27% of internet roaming.
15. Surprisingly, 65% of people don't download applications on their smartphones.
16. There are 250,000 different patents that enable us to have this type of technology in our cell phones.
17. 99% of abusive software for mobile phones aims solely at Android users.
18. An average smartphone user unlocks the key lock 110 times a day.
19. 47% of smartphone users in the U.S.A. say they can't live without their cellphones.
20. Throwing a cellphone is an official sport in Finland.
21. In Malaysia, it is legal to divorce your wife with an sms.
22. According to research, 47% of the young generation said they used their smartphones to avoid people around them.