“Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers,” Voltaire said. Whatever you’re dealing with right now, whatever you’re stuck on, give yourself a few minutes and think for a while about these questions on life, which will probably help you to ask your own questions of yourself. Don’t worry if you get the blues though, these are really tough questions that we all have a really hard time answering.
1. Is there anything that you should’ve let go of a long time ago but are still holding onto?
2. If this was the last day of your life, would you still do the same things that you did today?
3. What worries you the most about the future?
4. If your inner voice was an actual person and talked to you the way it usually does, would you enjoy the conversation and keep in touch with them?
5. Do you think there’s a difference between living and existing?
6. If you really learn from your mistakes, why are you so afraid of making them?
7. What type of legacy do you want to leave behind?
8. When you and everyone you know is dead, will people still remember you or will you be completely forgotten?
9. Is the thing you want to achieve really that hard to achieve or is it that you didn’t try hard to achieve it?
10. If life’s short, why do you dwell on things that don’t matter?
11. If you don’t have what you want, what do you have to lose?
12. What makes you think that you’re special?
13. How many friends do you have that you can trust with your life?
14. What do you spend your money on? Do you think you’re making good investments?
15. (If you’re employed) Is your job giving you anything other than money?
16. What’s the biggest change you want to make in your life in one year?
17. Which responsibilities of yours are you running away from at the moment?
18. Are there any mistakes you keep making over and over again?
19. Is there anything that you don’t want to die before doing?