Pets are amazing. They are loving companions for many, a beloved member of the family and our best friends. Another perk of pets is the hilarious things they do. How else can you explain the great number of viewers of funny cat videos online.
These 20 pawed buddies had to pay a visit to the vet, for the most tragicomic reasons ever!
Enjoy the story we found on BuzzFeed!
1. “My dog sprained her tail wagging it too hard.”
2. “I had to take my rabbit to the out-of-hours vet because she wasn’t eating. Just as the vet called us into the room she started munching on the hay in her carrier.
3. “One night my six-month-old goldendoodle ate her own collar.”
4. "One day my mom called me and told me that her cat started screaming and it wouldn't stop. She thought the cat might be having a heart attack...
5. "Our dog was sitting and watching TV with us when he suddenly started making a strange crying sound.
6. “My cat had a cone on after an operation. She stopped eating and using the litter box and she became lethargic.
7. “Our whippets jumped onto the kitchen table and ate half a kilo of fudge.
8. I adopted a guinea pig named Oscar. My other guinea pig, Kenny, hurt his foot while jumping with the joy of having made a new friend.
9. "Zeena, my grandmother's dog ate a whole plastic spatula.
10. "My cat destroyed and ate a bag."
11. "I had a ferret named Sugar. One night I saw blood in its poop and freaked out. We drove 45 minutes to a 24-hour vet.
12. "My black lab was being lethargic and her stomach was abnormally firm. We rushed to the vet.
13. One night, my dog cried for a long time and I took him to a 24-vet.
14. “I was convinced that my dog had ticks on his chest so I drove him over 90 minutes away to the vet only to find out that the bumps were just his nipples.”
15. "One day at work I got a phone call from my husband saying he was rushing our dog Sissy to the vet...
16. "I had to take my cat, Geoffrey to the vet, but not because he was sick, but because his sister, Zadie, wouldn't go without him!"
17. "My cat was sweating a lot and not moving...
18. "My dog Lamar once ate a one-month supply of birth control pills...
19. “Our childhood gigantic Lab ate a flashlight.
20. My dog had been limping and crying for a couple of days. Turns out she was faking it so that she wouldn't have to go for a walk.