19 Zen Buddhism Teachings To Light Up Your Soul!
> 19 Zen Buddhism Teachings To Light Up Your Soul!
Instead of searching for the meaning of life, Zen Buddhism shows the way to overcome its obstacles. It teaches to be patient, to embrace the present moment, and to be content with what we have now.
Let’s explore some of its teachings for a more calm, peaceful, and fair way of life.
1. The temptation to give up will be much stronger just before a victory.
2. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
3. Be not afraid of going slowly, be afraid only of standing still.
4. Even if you stumble and fall down, it doesn’t mean you’ve chosen the wrong path.
5. A hut full of laughter is richer than a palace full of sadness.
6. Always look on the bright side of things. If you can’t comprehend this, polish that which has become dull until it begins to shine.
7. Whatever happens always happens on time.
8. Someone who points out your flaws to you is not necessarily your enemy. Someone who speaks of your virtues is not necessarily your friend.
9. Don’t be afraid that you do not know something. Be afraid of not learning about it.
10. Teachers open the door, but you must enter by yourself.
11. A mountain never yields no matter how strong the wind is.
12. Live calmly. The time will come when the flowers bloom by themselves.
13. There’s no such thing as a friend who doesn’t have any flaws. But if you try to look for all their flaws, you will remain with no friends.
14. Unhappiness enters through a door that has been left open.
15. No one returns from a long journey the same person they were before.
16. A person who is capable of blushing cannot have a bad heart.
17. It's better to be a human for one day than to be a shadow for a thousand days.
18. The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.
19. Your home is where your thoughts find peace.