The expression 'the grass is always greener on the other side' could have been coined for women with curly hair. Although we find it difficult to understand those who say 'Awww, I wish my hair was curly, too,' without knowing any of the hardships we have to go through, it still makes us happy. Careful what you wish for; get your facts 'straight' first (no pun was originally intended).
1. You can never decide in advance on how to wear your hair.
2. If you are lucky, you might wake up like this:
3. But you mostly wake up like this:
4. Everybody around you tells you to straighten it or use a foam or something.
5. And you have given up on only straightening your bangs a long time ago.
6. And if you indeed decide to straighten your hair, you have to get up very early to make it to your appointment or wherever you are going on time. 😴
7. If you leave home without checking the weather forecast, you might end up like this:
8. You never understand why your friends want to touch your hair so bad. 🙄
9. Or they just want to pull on your ringlets...😒
10. You can't remember when you last brushed your dry hair.
11. But you have had too many brushes like this:
12. And you feel like you are losing it...
13. You have tried thousands of hair bands.
14. Sometimes you find those hair bands lost in your hair. 😳
15. You can easily go through 4 bottles of hair conditioner before a bottle of shampoo.
16. You are too often asked if your hair is natural.
17. They are truly shocked when you tell them about the curly-hair products that you use.
18. You try a new hairstyle but the result is far from how you have imagined it.
19. Recreating the salon-look is impossible. 😢
20. Remember how you once loved how beautiful your hair looked naturally? You can never get that look back, either.
21. Blow-drying is the biggest "nope" you have ever uttered.
22. If you've decided to stay at home, your hair looks more majestic than ever.
23. And you take more selfies than you have ever taken just to immortalize that majestic look!