'You did not come, And marching Time drew on, and wore me numb. Yet less for loss of your dear presence there Than that I thus found lacking in your make That high compassion which can overbear Reluctance for pure lovingkindness' sake Grieved I, when, as the hope-hour stroked its sum, You did not come.
You love not me, And love alone can lend you loyalty; -I know and knew it. But, unto the store Of human deeds divine in all but name, Was it not worth a little hour or more To add yet this: Once you, a woman, came To soothe a time-torn man; even though it be You love not me.' said Thomas Hardy so bitterly beautiful...
1. They indeed know that the person they are waiting for is never going to come, but they still don't stop waiting.
2. They are proud people who can't hide their inner beauty. They are too nice to hurt anybody. That's why they wait calmly and silently at their corner, alone.
3. No matter how many people surround them, they are lonely as long as the person they are waiting for doesn't come.
4. Days, weeks, months and years are just numbers for them. The time just goes by and they can't do anything about it.
5. Hope is the most vital thing that keeps them going. They might lose everything, but their hope, never.
6. Every step they take on the street, they take with the hope that they will see "him/her." The people passing by always look like "him/her."
7. And the people who wait for somebody that they have lost have it toughest.
8. After that moment, the world is just grey and flu in their eyes. Life becomes hard to deal with.
9. But stopping waiting is giving up on that person. They can't give up on the person they have lost.
10. They cherish their memories quite often. The things that make them smile, even a bit, are their hopes and memories only.
11. Waiting has taught them to be strong. Waiting for someone who will never come is just like standing up straight when you are wounded.
12. Waiting for someone who will never come is looking at the sky even though you know that the sun will hurt your eyes, it is being in love with the sky when you have no wings.
13. Whatever they touch or look at carries a trace of that person. That's why it is impossible to forget about that person.
14. After time, they might get used to the absence of that person, although they still haven't forgotten about them; but this "being used to" part also hurts them deeply.
15. And all the people who wait are actually alike. They all have a ship that they are waiting for; the ship carrying the loved ones.