Even though ‘The Little Prince’ is actually a child book, it’s like it’s written for adults. We have so much to learn from this book where fiction combine with colors.
I’m inviting you to gain some ‘awareness’ with these 15 more than perfect quotes.
Dear adults, welcome.. Dear author, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, thank you for your amazing imagination.
1. ''Men have no more time to understand anything. They buy things all ready made at the shops. But there is no shop anywhere where one can buy friendship, and so men have no friends any more.''
2. "That is the hardest thing of all. It is much harder to judge yourself than to judge others. If you succeed in judging yourself, it's because you're truly a wise man."
3. ''When you've finished your own toilet in the morning, then it is time to attend to the toilet of your planet.''
4. "One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes."
5. "The fact is that I did not know how to understand anything! I ought to have judged by deeds and not by words."
6. "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well."
7. "If you love a flower that lives on a star, it is sweet to look at the sky at night."
8. "Flowers are weak, innocent creatures. They muster up the courage with what they have. They think they are so strong with their thorns."
9. "And the people have no imagination. They repeat whatever one says to them."
10. "That is a beautiful occupation. And since it is beautiful, it is truly useful."
11. "All grown-ups were once children but only few of them remember it."
12. "When you find a diamond that belongs to nobody, it is yours. When you discover an island that belongs to nobody, it is yours. When you get an idea before any one else, you take out a patent on it: it is yours. So with me: I own the stars, because nobody else before me ever thought of owning them."
13. "Conceited people never hear anything but praise."
14. "One must require from each one the duty which each one can perform, If you ordered your people to go and throw themselves into the sea, they would rise up in revolution. I have the right to require obedience because my orders are reasonable."
15. "I must endure the presence of a few caterpillars if I wish to become acquainted with the butterflies."
Source: The Little Prince- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry