19 Notes About Bill Gates' Mind Blowing New Mansion!
> 19 Notes About Bill Gates' Mind Blowing New Mansion!
Have you ever wondered what kind of house Microsoft co-founder, Bill Gates, the richest man in America with a net worth of $78.9 billion, lives in?
It took Gates seven years and $63 million to build his Medina, Washington, estate. He named it 'Xanadu 2.0,' after the fictional home of Charles Foster Kane, the title character of 'Citizen Kane.'
At 66,000 square feet, the home is equipped with many high-tech details.
Here is a list of some of Xanadu 2.0's coolest features.
1. Xanadu 2.0 is worth at least $123 million today.
2. Half a million feet of lumber was used in the construction.
3. A high-tech sensor system helps guests monitor a room's climate and lighting.
4. The house uses its natural surroundings to reduce heat loss.
5. You can change the artwork on the walls with just the touch of a button.
6. The pool has its own underwater music system.
7. There's a trampoline room with a 20-foot ceiling.
8. An enormous reception hall can accommodate up to 200 guests.
9. The house has 24 bathrooms, 10 of which are full baths.
10. There are six kitchens.
11. An enormous library houses a manuscript Gates paid more than $30 million for.
12. The home theater can accommodate 20 guests in plush seats.
13. An existing home was removed by barge to make room for a separate activities building.
14. The guest house is just as high-tech as the main house.
15. Altogether, different garages on the property can accommodate up to 23 cars.
16. Gate's favorite tree is monitored electronically 24 hours a day.
17. An artificial stream is kept stocked with fish.
18. The sand on Gates' beach is imported from the Caribbean.
19. Someone once paid $35,000 just to tour it.