Street photographer Alexander Petrosyan has spent years discovering the streets of St. Petersburg. These 26 photos that were previously published on Bored Panda show the infinite layers of this amazing city!
1. His wide collection invites outsiders to step inside the raw and unpredictable streets and experience them without a filter.
2. … because these photos were not polished for postcards or travel documentaries.
3. Petrosyan received his first camera as a birthday present when he was 12 years old.
4. But he quit and came back to photography multiple times...
5. He finally became a professional photographer in 2000.
6. His biggest inspiration comes from the streets of St. Petersburg.
7. He has lived his whole life in this city.
8. From the times of the Russian Empire to the near destruction during World War II and the rebirth under Vladimir Putin - the city is full of history...
9. ... and Alexander knows every corner of it by heart.
10. "This is my world," he says.
11. Now as a full-time photojournalist, Alexander doesn't leave his home without a camera and a backup battery.
12. "Perception depends on many different factors," he says.
13. "But if the picture is taken with a certain energy, the viewer will feel it, regardless of geography and culture."