The Rio Olympic Games, beyond question, is the major sports event of the year, and it’s attracting millions of sports lovers all around the world. Some went all the way to Brazil to support their favorite athletes, some are just there to watch the games and report. Whether you’re an athlete, a reporter or just a fan however, you have to be careful what your enthusiasm might lead you to :)
The best support, probably, is to pray for your team to stay alive until the last day of the Games. Because after you see these photos from the housing facilities, you’ll be convinced that the athletes who survive the Rio Olympic Village should be awarded with medals too.
1. Australian basketball player Andrew Bogut, while he’s putting together a shower curtain on his own.
2. Everything is for your comfort. There are closets in the ceilings to put your luggage.
3. While athletes’ rooms are like that, journalists and sports lovers have to put up with even more...
4. Wish it was long enough to wash a human hand...
5. When it’s long enough though, there’s this:
6. It wouldn’t kill you to put a showerhead, would it?
7. Speaking of showers, this is how it works:
8. This is one of those weird warnings for the guests 😁
9. There’s a good chance you'll get hit by tiles falling off the ceiling, as the rooms don’t seem to be “finished."
10. And the “swimming hotel” staying in port doesn’t seem sparkling either...
11. Now imagine, you’re in a ship and the ceiling leaks...
12. And there are mysterious holes in the ceilings.
13. It’s not the mosquito season, so flies aren’t the problem, but the spraying vessels are being used to prevent Zika virus from spreading.
14. They seem to be putting everything together with tape in the village.
15. “What the hell are you whining about? You have more room here now. Who needs a proper wall in the bathroom?”
16. The joy of counting sheep at night (combined with having tiny little heart attacks fearing from when exactly your bed will fall apart)
17. Oh, that means 7 years of bad luck… This athlete can forget about winning any medals until the 2024 Olympic games.
18. “It works perfectly when you don’t touch it. Why would you touch it anyway?”