On Friday, President Donald Trump signed an executive order banning refugees and barring visa and green card holders from seven Muslim-majority countries. Right after the order, travelers from those countries faced the immediate consequences: Authorities detained dozens of legal U.S. residents at New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport, Chicago's O'Hare International Airport, Washington Dulles International Airport, and other airports.
Following these events, protesters sprung into action on Saturday. They occupied airport terminals and expressed solidarity with immigrants. Here are 15 powerful photos from the protests.
1. "Trump does not speak for us."
3. “No one is free when others are oppressed.”
4. "Impeach Trump. Deport Melania."
5. "I want my grandparents back from Iran."
6. "No ban."
7. Los Angeles
8. "We the people are greater than fear." San Francisco
9. "Refugees in, racists out."
10. A protestor from Texas, one of the states that Trump won the majority of the votes.
11. "No borders."
12. Protesters gathered outside the Brooklyn Courthouse.
13. Musicians joined the protests.
15. Protesters are celebrating the Federal court decision that halted the immigration ban.