Surviving teenage years without drama just doesn’t happen on this planet, but some go a step further and embrace their drama by making it a part of their identity. They go through rebellious phases like being an emo kid, indie, punk, or gangster. Even though you thought 'it's not just a phase, this is who I am,' here’s a reminder that it was. These 27 photos show people’s teenage years as a rebel vs now as grown up adults!
1. “I became a fireman, if I talked to myself 8 years ago and said you would cut your hair and become part of the fire department I would’ve never believed myself.”
2. “After the whole Emo stuff I went to a videogame school, learned how to code, and now am working at an awesome startup. Definitely a phase. But I really had good times. And also did very stupid shit, especially with drugs.”
3. "Emo. Goth. Emo. Emo. Marketing Consultant."
4. “I’m still listening to Brand New. Work as an administrative consultant for a fortune 500 company and up until now never noticed it wasn’t really a phase.”
5. “Before - year 2005, my 18-year-old Emo self. After - year 2015, I am a loving father and husband. What a difference 10 years can make.”
6. “Became an infantryman for the US Army. Going to college, studying International Security and Conflict Resolution.”
7. “This was me in my Emo days, green hair and everything. Now I work a corporate job to pay my studies as a web developer and designer. I am a part time tattooed model, and aspiring actress.”
8. “I'm a special education teacher for high school freshmen. I teach kids like I was how not to do the things I did. So far, so good. Me in 9th grade. Me teaching 9th grade.”
9. "Early 2000s and now. I'm in the US Military now as an MP, specifically US Air Force."
10. "I’m a tax consultant at a big-four accounting firm."
11. "I'm a proper grown up now, working as a trainer for the bank, buying my first property, paying the mortgage. Still feel like a filthy wee Emo though."
12. "I was the overly depressed girl, always wearing too much eyeliner. But fast forward to getting the right treatment for my clinical depression, I just finished my bachelor's degree."
13. "All that hair and makeup practice back then really helped me become the hairstylist and makeup artist that I am today."
14. "I’m working towards an associates degree in Mortuary Science."
15. "I became the police. I also now send couple Christmas cards. 2007 and 2015."
16. "I was pretty damn weird in high school. Now I work at home depot on the night shift trying to figure out what to do now."
17. "Not "traditionally" rebel but still threatening ha ha."
18. "I might be even more rebel with my clothing now than I was back then. Not in this picture tho. :)"
19. "I’m a mom to a beautiful 3-year-old girl, Working full time at a children’s hospital, and going to get my paramedics license."
20. "Now I’m 20, and in my second year of vet school."
21. "Just loved the Emo look. Today me golfer, and events coordinator for the golf course I live on."
22. "Then: Wow look how cool I am with my hair over my eyes. Now: Girlfriend's senior prom. Much cleaner cut. Massive transition."
23. "1985, while I was in Art School and 2017, successful artist, teacher, mother. Still me!"
24. "2012 - 2017 I'm glad it's over. I became foxy mom."
25. "This is me before and after. Where are the Emos now?"
26. "Then (15) being bullied for my looks, Now (23) being loved for my looks."