Women who've gotten out of bad relationships always have a more realistic opinion and idea about relationships than others. They also have very valid and solid observations about life. The world is a tough place to live in, and it is even tougher for women. Respect to all women who have taken the higher road.
1. I gave a chance to the first person that I crossed paths with.
2. I fell for his looks.
3. I thought I could change him.
4. I accepted his apology even when he did that same mistake for the 158th time.
5. I waited for him to grow up. I thought he would become mature with time.
6. I thought he wouldn't do it again when he first cheated on me.
7. I let him deceive me every single time.
8. I cared about him more than I cared about myself. I just wanted the best for him.
9. He can be a lying bastard, but I thought he loved me.
10. Every time he cursed at me I thought "He is too angry to know what he is saying."
11. I didn't leave him after he hit me for the first time.
12. I just tried to convince myself that, deep down, he was a good person.
13. I thought that if I was the person he wanted me to be, he would love me more.
14. I did my hair the way he liked it. I wore the clothes that he liked.
15. When he told me that I was exaggerating when I complained about things, I believed him.
16. When he became less caring towards me, I thought it was the natural course of a long relationship.
17. I thought that he wouldn't do the things to me that he does to others.
18. I was scared of being lonely when I lost him.
19. I have never thought I could survive by myself.