'She shed' is a kind of terrible name for a concept that's actually pretty cool: a female alternative to the 'man cave,' AKA a dedicated space where a gal can go to read, work on her hobbies, or just get five minutes of peace.
Here are some truly dreamy ones from the book She Sheds: A Room of Your Own.
1. This shed is what the owner had dreamed about for years and finally got herself as a milestone birthday gift.
2. This rustic San Luis Obispo space.
Who can say it's not Pinterest-perfect?
3. This gorgeous gardening shed.
4. This California space, which features loads of upcycled materials.
The windows, which the owner's friend had in her barn, are 50 years old but had never been used.
5. This classy little spot.
6. This sunny studio, where the owner, a jewelry maker, goes to work.
It's insulated and wired for electricity which means the owner no longer has to use her blowtorch in the house.
7. This airy shed, which the owner, a floral designer, uses to create arrangements for wedding clients.
8. This modern stunner.
It looks like the inside is bigger than the outside.
9. This East Texas shed, which is made almost entirely from salvaged and upcycled materials.
10. This simple modern space, where the owner paints and teaches art classes.
11. This little charmer, which looks like a playhouse for grown-ups.
The owner uses it as a studio for sketching.
12. Prefer a more modern look? Check out this one.
13. Or this...
14. There's also this Spanish-style shed.
15. And this gorgeous glass house.
16. This all-American space, which started as a purchased tool shed.
Wouldn't you go to this place?
17. This simple book-filled cabin.
18. This eclectic space.
19. And this gorgeous hexagon-shaped shed, which sits on the edge of an award-winning garden.