It's probably the biggest decision of your life...Spending it with someone else. Someone that you really really love. It's completely up to you when or who to marry. But studies show that getting married between the ages 25-32 slightly reduces the chances of ending up with a divorce. And here we've found the 16 reasons behind it.
1. People used to believe your marriage would last longer if you waited longer...Science proves the opposite.
2. Couples getting married between 18-20 mostly end up getting divorced.
3. Mainly because they're not emotionally mature enough!
4. Speaking of which, it's very important to be able to tackle relationship problems. Not every relationship is a walk in the park.
5. The divorce rate for people who marry in their late 30s is much higher than people getting married in their late 20s.
6. Studies show a 50% drop in divorce rates if you get married at 25 instead of 20.
7. Another important thing to consider is a lack of education. Educated couples usually divorce less.
8. As you get closer to your 30s, you're more financially independent, far more experienced and you can see things more clearly.
9. All of these provide you with a sustainable marriage.
10. Your divorce rate is reduced by 11% for each year you postpone your marriage until 32. Some interesting research, this is.
11. After the age of 32, your chances of getting divorced increases by 5% each year!
12. And it's actually not about money, religion, sexual preferences etc.
13. Researcher Nicholas H. Wolfinger suggests that the main reason people divorce more often after the age of 32 is their personal, disoriented mindset.
14. “The kinds of people who wait til their thirties to get married may be the kinds of people who aren’t predisposed toward doing well in their marriages" says Wolfinger.
15. "some people seem to be congenitally cantankerous. Such people naturally have trouble with interpersonal relationships. Consequently, they delay marriage..."
16. Of course, this study doesn't prove everything on its own but still, it hints at the ideal time to get married!
Bonus - If you belong in this category, make haste before it's too late!