According to this thread in Quora, if you start doing these right away, your life will be much better in 5 years.
Let's look at them one by one:
1. Laugh every morning at least for 5 minutes.
2. Write down 20 ideas or suggestions every day. It can be about anything. If you have a chance to realize even one, work for it!
3. Finish one book per week. Don't forget to read novels, as well!
4. Play poker! Spending some time playing poker daily will keep your mind alert. If you don't know how to play, try chess, or even backgammon!
5. Keep a diary, it doesn't have to be long or written in a notebook. You can also create a blog or send e-mails to yourself. You will be very surprised when you notice how useful it is to write some things down.
6. Pick your true friends carefully and just get rid of the rest.
7. Save your coins in a jar and don't touch it for a whole year!
8. Learn new languages.
9. Give as much importance to your health as you do to your love life and career. Stop eating junk food, quit smoking and start exercising!
10. Learn basic statistics. It will affect your attitude in day-to-day discussions very positively.
11. Fear nothing, no more.
12. Learn how to write code. Given the changes in our world, coding will be as normal as being literate. If you understand how to write code, you will also understand everything that has to do with a computer much better.
13. No matter how much you earn, save 15% of it.
14. Take a day off from TV at least once a week.
15. Fall in love, without fearing or worrying!
16. Go to a new place every day! (Even if it is just another toilet on another floor of the office!)
17. Give yourself the gift of silence for a minute. Jot down everything that comes to your mind during this minute. You will be amazed with the result.