15 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Sleep
> 15 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Sleep
1. Sleep deprivation is linked with feeling hungrier
2. People who sleep for 6-7 hours a night live longest
3. Lack of food wouldn't kill you in 10 days but lack of sleep actually can!
4. 70% of all the characters in a man's dream are other men
5. 50% of the dream is forgotten within 5 minutes of waking up and 90% of people don’t remember their dreams after 10 minutes
6. Blind people can actually dream in shapes and colors
7. 1 out of 50 adults in the world wet their beds
8. You can only dream faces you've seen before
9. Some people sleep with their eyes opened and they can actually rest.
10. People spend 1/3 of their lives sleeping. It roughly makes 25 years in total.
11. 12% of people only dream in black&white
12. Some people suffer from hypnophobia.
13. Before alarm-clocks were invented, there used to be "Knocker-Ups" who were paid to wake up their clients by knocking on their windows with a long stick.
14. We never sneeze while sleeping. Experiments to trigger sneezing at sleep failed
15. When the moon displays herself to us in full, we get less sleep