The masterpiece of Pieter Bruegel the Elder, on display in Vienna Kunsthistoriches Museum, bears so many details you probably never realized before. This painting must be the definition of 'masterpiece.' We don't know how many days it took to paint it, but it's surely fascinating to analyze the details. 😊
Oh, if you knew what's hidden in the small details of the world... 🤓
1. DISTANT VIEW: A castle, river, windmill, meadows and mountains.
2. Travelers are heading to the castle tower.
3. There are vegetable gardens behind the wall.
4. A horse cart is crossing the bridge, while some women are washing clothes in the river.
5. Next to the river, there is a well. People are planting in the garden.
6. MIDDLE DISTANCE: There are blacksmith's shops next to the tower.
7. Some people are resting on the ground while others are doing their jobs.
8. Workers on the lower level are plastering the wall.
9. Horse wagons full of construction materials are going up the hill.
10. Horse wagons are waiting to be loaded.
11. A raft.
12. Discharge of the ships.
13. DISTANT VIEW: Houses and vegetable gardens.
14. People heading to town and cows in the meadow.
15. THE TOWER: The tower has been under construction for so long, people started to live in the construction area. Some take care of the flower gardens and some put linens out to dry, some cook food over the fire.
16. We see the same thing on the upper floor.
18. And more workers...
19. THE FOREGROUND: The masons.
20. The heavy lifters...
21. Nimrod- the king who ordered the construction of The Tower Of Babel according to the Bible.