Though we don't always see it, our bodies carry an infinite number of mysteries. Scientists are still working hard to understand the mysteries behind the operation of the human body. Would you like to find out 20 of these mysteries? We shall begin, then.
1. The number of bacteria in your mouth is more than the whole population of the world!
2. Everyone's tongueprint is different. Be careful when you show it to others! 😜
3. Our bodies create around 600 milliliters of saliva every day.
4. A single hair strand can carry the weight of an apple. The size of the apple is yet unknown!
5. Impulses are transferred to the brain at 400 kilometers per hour!
6. Contrary to common belief, there are 29 different blood types. The rarest one amongst them belongs to a Bombay subculture. It is widespread in some families around Japan.
7. Our blood travels 19,312 kilometers in the veins.
8. The length of the nerves around the body reach around 75 kilometers.
9. We take around 20,000 breaths in a single day!
10. Our eyes are able to perceive more than 10 million colors. However, the brain cannot remember all of them.
11. Did you know that ears never stop growing?
12. Our yearly heartbeat count: 35 Billion!
13. We lose about 1 million skin cells in a single day. The amount of skin we shed over a year can reach up to 2 kilograms.
14. There are 100 different nerve endings on a 1 square centimeter of your skin!
15. Men have less taste buds than women.
16. An average person consumes around 35 tons of food during their life.
17. A person spends 5-6 years of their life blinking their eyes.
18. There are 100,000 chemical reactions occuring in our brains every second.
19. The speed of a sneeze is around 160km/h!
20. While smiling triggers 17 face muscles, crying triggers around 43 muscles. This is the reason why you need to smile more!