We all may have had those moments we can't get out of our heads. If we're lucky enough, most of them are good memories shared with friends and family. But there are those ones that haunt us forever. Imagine capturing all those moments in your head and letting the whole world see them. Well, that's exactly what's happening in the 18 photographs in this list, they all have such tragic histories. Is this the curse or beauty of photography, you decide yourself!
1. This photo was taken in Omagh in 1998. At first glance this is a very ordinary and a happy picture.
2. The people who plundered the shops of Chinese shop owners during the rebellions that broke out in Indonesia in 1998.
3. A mushroom cloud formed after a bomb attack on the Australian Embassy in Jakarta.
4. September 11. The moment the plane crashed into the tower.
5. The last photograph of the Challenger space shuttle crew that exploded in 1986 73 seconds after take-off and no one survived.
6. It is the last photograph of a Concorde of Air France whose engine exploded after departure and nobody survived.
7. Brussels airport attack and two women who are in shock.
8. A photograph of Malaysian Airlines flight number MH-17 taken a few seconds after departure. The plane was dropped 3 hours later when it was hit by a missile over Russian airspace.
9. The person who could not be identified when he jumped from one of the Twin Towers during the September 11 attacks. It is called 'the falling man.'
10. The image of Omayra, who was stuck in a house because of the flood that happened after the volcanic eruption in Colombia in 1985.
11. After the US bombings in 1945, the Japanese kid carrying what is probably his brother's dead body on his back.
12. Image of the post-explosion area in China's Tianjin region in 2015.
13. This photograph was taken just a few seconds before the traffic accident in which Lady Diana lost her life.
14. For 25 years, this woman was held captive by her mother and brother in a room full of rats and insects.
15. A little girl drew herself and her imaginary friend named Lisa.
16. A photograph that immortalized the last moments of Andrey Karlov.
17. After the fire in a wax museum, this is how the sculptures looked. Even if you know they are not human, it'll still cause you to lose sleep.
18. Bhopal in 1984, the father burying his daughter who lost her life in a gas disaster.