38 Things You Don't Know About Artistic Genius Pablo Picasso
> 38 Things You Don't Know About Artistic Genius Pablo Picasso
The talented Spanish artist Pablo Picasso was born on October 25, 1881. In order to remember his remarkable career, we gathered a list of rare facts about Picasso!
1. Picasso was born in on October 25, 1881 in Spain.
2. His real name is actually Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santísima Trinidad Ruiz y Picasso.
3. Picasso almost died during birth.
4. He started painting when he was 9 years old.
5. Picasso inherited his artistic talent from his father.
6. He was really interested in painting from primary school on.
7. At the age of 13, he was able to reach the talent of his father.
8. He studied at the Real Academia de Bellas Artes de San Fernando in Barcelona.
9. Picasso used his mother's surname.
10. His first paintings are filled with realistic elements.
11. Picasso suffered from scarlet fever when he was young and this disease changed the course of his paintings.
12. Picasso opened up his first solo exhibition in 1900.
13. He gained recognition quickly and became one of the most famous painters in Barcelona.
14. His artistic life is composed of different periods.
15. Blue Period
16. Picasso frequently painted circus elements and clowns in the Blue period.
17. He was really interested in circuses around this period.
18. Rose Period
19. This period is known for its melancholic and emotional figures.
20. These paintings are known for their focus on lines and patterns.
21. His cubist lines slowly start to appear.
22. Picasso's works were pioneers of Cubism.
23. He started making collages around 1912.
24. Cubism Transformations
25. Remarkable works of the Cubist era
26. Guernica was painted during this time period.
27. Picasso went through many relationships and marriages.
28. Picasso is considered as one of the most productive painters of his time.
29. Picasso is commonly criticized for his thoughts over women.
30. Picasso is one of the few artists who actually witnessed their own fame.
31. Picasso and Modern Arts
32. Picasso did not see art as a vehicle.
33. Picasso frequently uses female figures in his work.
34. His bohemian life affected his relationships significantly.
35. He kept being energetic, even in the last years of his life.
36. Picasso lived each of his days as creatively as possible.
37. He is considered as one of the most prominent artists of the 20th Century.
38. Picasso died at the age of 91.