Steven Spielberg is without a doubt one of the greatest directors of the cinema. There may be a few people who watched his movies and didn't like them. Of course, this fame is not easy to make. He is a devoted director and there are many things we don't notice about his films. In this list, we put together the things you may have missed while watching the films and the stories behind them. Enjoy!
1. E.T.'s face was based on the face of poet Carl Sandburg, Albert Einstein, and a pug.
2. During the movie 'Saving Private Ryan,' Tom Sizemore was fighting against drug addiction.
3. In 'Indiana Jones,' the famous scene with Harrison Ford shooting the man with the sword wasn't written in the script.
4. The shark models in Jaws had never been tested in water when they were made. When it was first put in water, the model sank to the bottom and with the divers' efforts, it was brought back to the surface again.
5. Steven Spielberg named the model shark "Bruce," which was his former lawyer's name.
6. To make the audience feel the warmth of the story of Elliott and E.T. better, Steven Spielberg shot several scenes from a child's eye level.
7. In E.T, no adult faces were shown except Elliot's mother until the last 30 minutes of the film.
8. In the movie, Harrison Ford also played a small part. He was Elliott's principal with his back turned to the camera, but the scene was later removed from the film.
9. The movie 'The Color Purple' won an Academy Award nomination for 11 Academy Awards, but didn't win a single Oscar.
10. When Mila Pfefferberg, one of the survivors of the Auschwitz concentration camp, was introduced to Ralph Fiennes wearing a military costume on a set, he started to shake uncontrollably.
11. After the movie and the books for 'Jurassic Park,' dinosaurs began to attract so much attention that there was a large increase in the number of students choosing the fossil science branch.
12. It was George Lucas and Carrie Fisher who started kissing on the bridge after fairy dust was spilled on them and they started flying in the movie 'Hook.'
13. Captain Hook was played by Dustin Hoffman when the Bannings family went to England.
14. Steven Spielberg chose Matt Damon for 'Saving Private Ryan' because he wanted an unknown actor with a face that all Americans could feel close to.
15. Tom Hanks was 59 years old when he played James B. Donovan in Bridge of Spies.
16. Screenwriter Melissa Mathison, who was then the wife of Harrison Ford, was visiting Indiana Jones's set.
17. The BFG was the second movie in which Steven Spielberg and screenwriter Melissa Mathison came together after E.T.