1. Google provides the surviving spouse or partner of a deceased employee 50% of their salary for the next 10 years.
2. Netflix offers one paid year of maternity and paternity leave to new parents. The company also allows parents to return part-time or full-time and take time off as needed throughout the year.
3. REI encourages its employees to get outside by offering two paid days off each year, called "Yay Days," to enjoy their favorite outside activity.
4. Salesforce employees receive six days of paid volunteer time off a year, as well as $1,000 a year to donate to a charity of their choice.
5. Facebook provides $4,000 in "Baby Cash" to employees with a newborn.
6. Spotify provides six months of paid parental leave, plus one month of flexible work options for parents returning to the office. The company also covers costs for egg freezing and fertility assistance.
7. World Wildlife Fund employees take Friday off every other week, aka "Panda Fridays" at the nonprofit.
8. Airbnb, the Best Place to Work in 2016, gives its employees an annual stipend of $2,000 to travel and stay in an Airbnb listing anywhere in the world.
9. PwC offers its employees a $1,200-a-year reimbursement on student-loan debt.
10. Pinterest provides a unique take on the parental-leave policy by offering three paid months off, plus a month of part-time hours, as well as two counseling sessions to create a plan to reenter the workplace.
11. Burton employees receive season ski passes and "snow days" to hit the slopes after a big snowfall.
12. Cloud-communications platform Twilio offers employees a Kindle plus $30 a month to purchase books.
13. Twitter is well-known for providing perks such as three catered meals a day, but some lesser-known benefits include on-site acupuncture and improv classes.
14. Accenture covers gender reassignment for its employees as part of its commitment to LGBTQ rights and diversity.
15. Walt Disney Co. wants its employees to enjoy the "Happiest Place on Earth," so it offers employees — and their friends and families — free admission to its parks, as well as discounts on hotels and merchandise.
16. Evernote hosts classes through Evernote Academy, which offers team-building courses like macaroon baking.
17. Epic Systems Corp. offers employees a paid four-week sabbatical to pursue their creative talents after five years at the company.
18. Adobe shuts down the entire company for one week in December and one week over the summer.
19. Asana employees have access to executive- and life-coaching services outside of the company.
20. Zillow pays for overnight shipping of breast milk when a new mom is traveling.